MICRO COLD STORAGE
The pioneers are here!Ecozen has designed a pioneering and innovative micro Cold Storage- a solar powered cold storage system. In India alone, 10 million tons of cold storage capacity is required to prevent the over 30% wastage of perishable produce. The current facilities are accessible only to the big farmers/middlemen who hoard when supplies peak, leading to huge price fluctuations. The bottom of the pyramid (BOP) i.e. the small farmer loses out, as they have to sell their produce at very low prices right after harvest.
The product primarily designed for the rural segment serves their needs ideally, as it does not depend on grid electricity and after a 2-year breakeven, leads to over 40% increase in their profits. This innovative product can be suitably adapted for local conditions across the world.
- Ecozen Solutions won Dow Sustainability Innovation Challenge at California Institute of Technology, Pasadena
- Ecozen Solutions received Economic Times-Power of Ideas award from DST, Govt. of India organized by CIIE, IIMA
- Ecozen Solutions idea is among worlds top 30 business ideas at Stanford's E-bootcamp
- Ecozen Solutions is the winner of Technology and Sustainable Development Award 2011 at Eureka IIT Bombay
- Ecozen Solutions Pioneering Product covered by CNBC TV18